We collect information that you supply to us such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you such as your IP address and the device you use to access our website “Personality Star”. We collect this information through our website “Personality Star” with the use of Google Analytics and mobile applications such as Facebook and Twitter. Further information is explained in detail below:
How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
No Rights of Third Parties
Some important things to note:
- Your information is private and will not be shared with anyone.
- We don’t sell your personal data to anyone.
- The only information we collect is what you share by visiting and exploring our website. We don’t collect any of your personal information from any third parties, so it’s completely up to you to decide what you want to share.
- When you use our website, we receive some personal information from you like the type of device you’re using and your IP address. You can choose to share additional information with us by creating an account. We use this information for improving our services and for keeping our website functional and secure.
- We use your answers to our questionnaire/s to determine what content is relevant to you and to improve our understanding of personality types and traits.
1. How Do We Collect Information?
- We collect, store, and use information you share on our website. This includes your e-mail address and any other information you choose to enter on the website.
- When you make a purchase via our website, we’ll collect payment (e.g., country of residence), contact and delivery information (e.g., e-mail address), and details of what you bought.
- We record certain technical information whenever you use our website. This includes information about your device and about your visits to and use of our website, such as your IP address, browser type and version, page views, etc.
Whether Information Has to Be Provided by You and Why:
- >If you don’t provide the information requested we may not be able to provide the services which require the use of this information (e.g., certain features or questionnaires).
2. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to provide you with our services as well as content that’s relevant and personal to you. Consequently, it’s necessary for us to use your information to:
- Send you account-related messages, such as password recovery e-mails;
- Identify you and ensure the security of your account – e.g., by verifying that you own the e-mail address linked to your account;
- Collect payments from you and send you e-mails with your order details, if you decide to purchase something from us
- Provide you with content and services relevant to you – e.g., information for people with your personality type
- Respond to your questions or complaints, or to complaints made about your use of our website.
We have a legitimate interest in using your information in these ways. It’s necessary for us to do that to make our reports and content as relevant to you as possible.
What we do with the information collected:
- Conduct analytics on how you use our website in order to better understand your needs and to optimise our service and experience. In order to do that, we use third party service Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
- Improve our website and develop new functionality.
- Conduct internal analysis and scientific / statistical research to improve our services and understanding of personality traits. We encrypt our data and in the ordinary production of your report we only see data that cannot be connected back to any person identifying information, and we only publish aggregate statistical data.
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud – e.g., by logging authentication attempts or activities related to your account;
We’ll only use your information with your consent:
- To send you e-mail newsletters, if you’ve specifically agreed to receive them and confirmed that by clicking a link in the verification e-mail. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking a link at the bottom of any message.
- where the assessment for which you’re supplying us with personal data relates to “special category” personal data (e.g., gender or age), and which we then process to provide assessment results and then subsequently for research purposes.
Where you supply us with special category personal data we may also further process this data for research purposes – typically it will be anonymised so that it ceases to be personal data. In this case we’ll also rely on Article 9.2(j) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the extent the processing of personal data is involved.
We won’t provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing by those parties.
3. Do We Transfer Your Information Elsewhere?
We’ll ensure that any transfer of your personal information where the GDPR applies to such transfer will be subject to the appropriate or suitable relevant safeguards (e.g. European Commission approved contract), as permitted under the GDPR, with those measures designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
In general, we use contract clauses for such transfers (as per the Article 46.2 of the GDPR), unless the country in question is judged adequate under the Article 45 of the GDPR (including in the case of the U.S., Privacy Shield).
We also limit access to your personal information to those members of our staff who have a business reason for knowing such information.
Here’s a list of third party providers we’ll share your information with, if necessary:
- Slack for our everyday communication and planning.
4. How Can You Manage Your Information?
If you have an account on our website, you can update your personal information on the dashboard. For instance, it allows you to:
- update your e-mail address;
- change your gender;
5. How and When Do We Share Your Information?
All information within the dashboard is limited to yourself. Our staff, agents, and technical contractors may occasionally need to have access to your information where that’s necessary. This applies to any member of our group of companies – e.g., our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries.
Besides that, there are also certain other circumstances where we may disclose your personal information:
- Where we’re required to do so by law or in connection with any ongoing, prospective, or reasonably likely (in our opinion) legal proceedings;
- Where we need to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (e.g., providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention);
- If we’re engaged in a merger, reorganisation, or any similar proceeding requiring the transfer of your information – we’d then share your information with a party involved in such a process (for example, a potential purchaser);
6. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide services to you and to fulfil the purposes described in this policy. This also applies to any other parties that we share your information with.
Here are some examples of categories of data along with their periods of retention:
- Payment and order data, including relevant access logs – 10 years;
- Activity logs, minus the above – 1 year;
- Transient activity records, such as e-mail invites or password reset requests – 3 months;
- Account details – unlimited;
7. How Do We Handle Children’s Information?
You may only use our website if you’re over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country. Regardless of local laws, children under 13 aren’t allowed to use our website. If you’re a parent and you learn that your child is using our website, and you don’t want them to, please contact us.
8. What Can You Ask Us to Do with Your Information?
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access to your personal information;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Withdraw your consent to our processing where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis for the processing in question;
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
As already mentioned above, if you’d like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, you can also click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the e-mail. That’s usually immediate, but in rare cases it may take a few days for this to take place.
9. How Do We Secure Your Information?
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. For instance, we store this information on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers, encrypt traffic to and from the website, and anonymize information where possible.
Still, we can’t guarantee complete security of data sent over the internet – for example, someone may discover a vulnerability in the encryption protocol that we use, your internet service provider may record the data you send, and so on. Please take care when posting sensitive data.
You’re responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. Don’t share such information with anyone as whoever has it will have full access to all your information on our website.
Some of our articles and website sections contain links to other websites. We aren’t responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those websites.